Advanced Threat Protection
Learn how to protect your organization and improve its security against advance threats that bypass traditional security controls.
Module 1: Attack Methodologies and the ATP Framework
Module 2: FortiSandbox Key Components
Module 3: High Availability, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Module 4: Protecting the Edge
Module 5: Protecting Email Networks
Module 6: Protecting Web Applications
Module 7: Protecting End Users
Module 8: Protecting Third-Party Appliances
Module 9: Results Analysis
About The Course
In this course, you will learn how to protect your organization and improve its security against advanced threats that bypass traditional security controls. You will learn about how FortiSandbox detects advanced threats. You will also learn about how FortiSandbox dynamically generates local threat intelligence, and how other advanced threat protection (ATP) components leverage this threat intelligence information to protect organizations from advanced threats.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of cyber attacks
- Identify threat actors and their motivations
- Understand the anatomy of an attack—the kill chain
- Identify the potentially vulnerable entry points in an Enterprise network
- Identify how ATP works to break the kill chain
- Identify the role of FortiSandbox in the ATP Framework
- Identify appropriate applications for sandboxing
- Identify FortiSandbox architecture and key components
- Identify the appropriate network topology requirements
- Configure FortiSandbox
- Monitor FortiSandbox operation
- Configure FortiGate, FortiMail, FortiWeb, and FortiClient integration with FortiSandbox
- Identify the role of machine learning in preventing zero-day attacks and advanced threats
- Configure machine learning on FortiWeb
- Analyze attack logs from the machine learning system
- Troubleshoot FortiSandbox
- Perform analysis of outbreak events
- Remediate outbreak events based on log and report analysis
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in NSE 4 FortiGate Security and NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure or have equivalent experience. It is also recommended that you have an understanding of the topics covered in NSE 6 FortiMail, NSE 6 FortiWeb, and NSE 5 FortiClient, or have equivalent experience.
This course prepares you for the NSE 7 Advanced Threat Protection certification exam.
- 16 Hours Training Course
- 9 Modules
- 24/7 Support
- This course is intended for network security engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining an ATP solution with FortiSandbox, in an Enterprise network environment.