Cisco Certified DevNet Associate
Earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification and prove your skills in developing and maintaining applications built on Cisco platforms.
About The Course
Certified DevNet Associate certification is your entry into a career in network automation. This certification validates your ability to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and to implement automation workflows across the network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. With one exam and one training course to prepare, the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification gives you the know-how you need and industry recognition that translates into jobs.
Cisco-certified professionals join a global community that’s shaping the future of technology. Cisco Certified DevNet Associate validates your skills in designing applications that leverage Cisco platforms, from code that helps run the infrastructure, to apps that bring that infrastructure to life.
Exam and Recommended Training
- Exam: 200-901 DEVASC: Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and the use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe the programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe the interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
- …many more
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
- _ Hours Training Course
- _ Module
- 24/7 Support
- This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
- The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification will also find this material useful.
- The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Network automation engineer
- Software developer
- System integration programmer
- Infrastructure architect
- Network designer