Learn how to use the most common FortiGate features, including security profiles with the FortiGate Security training.
Module 1: Introduction and Initial Configuration
Module 2: Firewall Policies
Module 3: Network Address Translation
Module 4: Firewall Authentication
Module 5: Logging and Monitoring
Module 6: Certificate Operations
Module 7: Web Filtering
Module 8: Application Control
Module 9: Antivirus
Module 9: Antivirus
Module 10: Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
Module 11: Security Fabric
About The Course
In this course, you will learn how to use the most common FortiGate features, including security profiles. In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, the Fortinet Security Fabric, user authentication, and how to protect your network using security profiles, such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Authenticate users using firewall policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Collect and interpret log entries
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet Security Fabric
Knowledge of network protocols
Basic understanding of firewall concepts
This course and the FortiGate Infrastructure course prepares you for the NSE 4 certification exam.
- 24 Hours Training Course
- 11 Modules
- 24/7 Support
- Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations' networks should attend this course.
- You should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.