Analyze email security challenges that administrators face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail to protect your network.
Module 1: Email Concepts
Module 2: Basic Setup
Module 3: Access Control and Policies
Module 4: Authentication
Module 5: Session Management
Module 6: Antivirus and Antispam
Module 7: Content Inspection
Module 8: Securing Communications
Module 9: High Availability
Module 10: Server Mode
Module 11: Transparent Mode
Module 12: Maintenance
Module 13: Troubleshooting
About The Course
In this course, you will analyze email security challenges that administrators face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail to protect your network from email-borne threats. You will also explore the role of FortiMail as a specialized device, and how its features provide both high-performance and in-depth security for business-critical communications.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies, such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and identity-based encryption (IBE)
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques, such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection (ATP)
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum up-time of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common issues related to email and FortiMail
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in NSE 4 FortiGate Security and NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure, or have equivalent experience.
It is also recommended that you have an understanding of the following topics:
This course is intended to prepare candidates for the NSE 6 FortiMail certification exam.
The NSE 6 FortiMail certification exam counts toward one of the four NSE 6 specializations required to get the NSE 6 certification.
- 24 Hours Training Course
- 13 Modules
- 24/7 Support
- Security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiMail in small to enterprise deployments should attend this course.