Certified Project Director (CPD)
The CPD is a globally recognized project management certificate that is regarded as the highest degree of achievement. This certification should be considered by senior and experienced project and management executives who wish to move beyond the Professional level in Project Management certification.
Module 1: IntroductionWhen is a project a project and not an organizational activity?What additional information would make the “projects” become “operational activities”?Project Lifecycle phases?Project ProcessesProject Management FundamentalsTop 10 qualities of a Project ManagerThe Project Team’s Key PlayersScopeWhat is a Scope Creep?Five Scope Management Process for a Project DirectorBudgets and Cost (Estimate Costs, Determine Budgets, Control Costs)Fundamentals of the Project Life Cycle
Module 2: Aligning Goals, Projects, and CompetenciesThe Alignment MatrixRank the PrioritiesIdentify the top 3 skills needed to Manage each ProjectEstablish the Organizations 10 Core CompetenciesAlign the Project Skills by relating it to a Competency ValueComparing listed strengths versus project skills to complete the MatrixComparing listed strengths versus project skills to complete the MatrixIdentifying gaps and Utilizing strengths
Module 3: Organizing Multi-Project Communications
Module 4: Managing Risk Communications
Module 5: Tools for Managing Multiple Projects
Module 6: LeadershipEstablishing GoalsExamining the Role of a Project DirectorProject or Practice Management RolesProject Accounting RolesExamining the Qualities of an Effective LeaderProfessional Qualities for a successful Project DirectorCareer Path Competencies for a successful Project DirectorOrganizational Responsibilities
About The Course
This Certified Project Director (CPD) e-course is recognized worldwide as one of the most prestigious aspects of project management credentials. It is designed for senior and experienced professionals, who desire to upgrade their skill set. The CPD certification course allows experienced senior managers and executives to acquire new skills and advanced techniques in managing, controlling complex projects and management issues. Whether the candidate is managing a group of project managers or is looking for a career path towards being a project director, the CPD certification course is best for them.
This course teaches you about core aspects such as:
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Scope Creep
- Budgets and Cost (Estimate Costs, Determine Budgets, Control Costs)
- Aligning Goals, Projects, and Competencies
- Issue Log Document
- Managing Risk Communications
- Probability and Impact, Risk Matrix
- Tools for Managing Multiple Projects
- Project Management Technology
- Professional Qualities for a successful Project Director
- Career Path Competencies for a successful Project Director
The candidate must meet all the following prerequisites as mentioned below
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s university degree, OR Post-graduate / Master’s university degree or above, or globally equivalent.
Apart from the above prerequisites, additionally, the candidate must hold any one of the below-mentioned certifications/credentials.
- Professional in Project Management (PPM)™ from Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® from Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Prince2® Practitioner from APMG
- Certified Project Manager (CPM) from Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)