LAN Edge (formerly Secure Access)
Learn how FortiGate, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, and FortiAuthenticator enable secure connectivity over wired and wireless networks.
About The Course
This course covers the deployment, integration, and troubleshooting of advanced authentication scenarios, as well as best practices for securely connecting wireless and wired users. You will learn how to keep the network secure by leveraging Fortinet Security Fabric integration between FortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiAP, and FortiAnalyzer to automatically quarantine risky and compromised devices using IOC triggers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure advanced user authentication and authorization scenarios using RADIUS and LDAP
- Troubleshoot user authentication and authorization problems
- Implement two-factor authentication using digital certificates
- Implement and troubleshoot RADIUS and syslog single sign-on solutions
- Provision, configure, and manage FortiSwitch using FortiManager over FortiLink
- Configure Layer 2 authentication for wired and wireless users using 802.1.x
- Provision, deploy, and manage FortiAP using FortiManager over FortiLink
- Deploy complex wireless networks with dynamic VLAN assignments
- Implement and deploy wireless network with IoT segmentation
- Secure the wired and wireless network
- Provide secure access to guest users
- Monitor and analyze wireless clients and traffic using Wireless Manager
- Automatically quarantine wired and wireless clients using IOC triggers
Knowledge of network authentication protocols
Knowledge of Layer 2 switching
Understanding of wireless networks
Understanding of the topics covered in the following courses:
- NSE 4 FortiGate Security
- NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure
This course is intended to help you prepare for the NSE 7 Secure Access certification exam.
- 24 Hours Training Course
- 9 Modules
- 24/7 Support
- This course is intended for networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, and Wireless Manager devices used to secure access to their organizations' resources.