PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
Learn how to combine structure, governance, and control with agile methodologies, techniques, and approaches by enrolling in the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certification.
Module 1: Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of workingExplain the differences between projects and BAUDescribe agile and its common approaches, how and why agile approaches have developed and where they are usedDescribe the history of agile, it’s contrast to the waterfall way of working and how the Agile Manifesto fits inDescribe the different levels of agile maturity and well-known agile frameworksDescribe behaviours, concepts and techniques that characterize agileDefine the PRINCE2 Agile view of ‘agile’Describe Kanban, the Kanban method and its six general practices, including the use of Cumulative Flow DiagramsDescribe the core concepts of Lean Start-upDescribe the use of workshopsDescribe how to transition to agileDefine Scrum theory and explain the nature of the Scrum team, Scrum events, Scrum artefacts and Sprints
Module 2: Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of workingDescribe the complementary strengths of PRINCE2 and the agile way of workingDefine who can benefit from using PRINCE2 Agile and in what contexts/situationsDefine the make-up of PRINCE2 Agile (frameworks, behaviours, concepts, techniques, focus areas)Explain the eight ‘guidance points’Explain how PRINCE2 controls and governance can enable agile to be used in many environmentsDescribe what a typical PRINCE2 ‘project journey’ looks like in an agile context
Module 3: Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile contextExplain the purpose and use of the Agilometer throughout a projectDescribe the six sliders used on the Agilometer, explain their significance and how to improve themDescribe in detail requirements terminology, decomposition and prioritization, including MoSCoW and OrderingExplain how requirements prioritization is usedExplain the rich communication focus area, its importance and its key techniquesExplain how to manage frequent releases and the benefits of ‘failing fast’
Module 4: Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile contextDescribe how to use the ‘hexagon’ in relation to the six aspects of project performanceExplain the use of tolerances in terms of what to ‘fix’ and what to ‘flex’ in relation to the six aspects of project performanceDescribe in detail each of the five targets that underpin the use of the hexagonExplain why the ‘fix and flex’ approach is good for the customer
Module 5: Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an agile contextDescribe in detail the five PRINCE2 Agile behaviours (Transparency, Collaboration, Rich Communication, Self-Organization, Exploration)Explain that agile needs to be incorporated in all seven PRINCE2 processes and all seven themes but that the amount appropriate to each will vary depending on the project contextDescribe the two common Organization roles of Scrum master and Product ownerExplain how to adjust roles, including the use of specialist roles, and the options for team organization in a projectDefine the make-up of a typical delivery teamDescribe servant leadership, its use and importanceDescribe how to define Working AgreementsDescribe quality setting techniques including ‘definition of done’ and the use of acceptance criteriaDescribe quality testing, quality checking and management techniquesDescribe approaches to planning and typical planning techniquesDescribe approaches to risk and how agile concepts mitigate many typical risks
About The Course
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner combines agile concepts with the world’s most popular approach to project management.
Developed in response to user demand, the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certification teaches you to blend structure, governance, and control with agile methods, techniques, and approaches.
This training is most suitably designed for PRINCE2 practitioners guiding them on the application of Agile methods to this project management methodology.
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an agile context
You can take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher)
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Project Management Qualification® (PMQ)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)*
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®**
- IPMA Levels A, B, C, and D® (Certified Projects Director)***.
- **‘PMQ’ is a registered mark of the Association for Project Management.
- **’PMP and CAPM’ are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- ***‘IPMA Level A/B/C/D’ are registered trademarks of the International Project Management Association.
- APM, PMI, and IPMA are not affiliated with AXELOS, nor do they endorse any AXELOS Qualifications.
- 32 Hours Training Course
- 5 Module
- 24/7 Support
- This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with program and project support functions.