Web Application Security
Explore web application threats and countermeasures focused on Fortinet solutions.
About The Course
Comprised of theory lessons and hands-on labs, this course will guide you from the very motivations of attacks on web applications through to understanding and executing attack techniques. You will gain insight into recognizing such attacks, and, finally, configure Fortinet solutions to mitigate them.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify adversary motivation and opportunities to attack web applications
- Identify the top security risks associated with web applications and the common challenges faced when addressing these risks
- Identify various attacks on web applications by examining real-world examples
- Identify how adversaries exploit web application vulnerabilities using attacks, such as SQL injection, local and remote file inclusion, cross-site scripting, cross-site forgery, and so on
- Use popular software and tools used for web application security testing
- Detect security incidents targeting web applications
- Improve mitigation capabilities related to threats against web applications using methods, such as layered architecture, machine learning, solution integration, secure software development life-cycle, and so on
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in the following courses;
- NSE 4 FortiGate Security
- NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure
It is also recommended that you have an understanding of the topics covered in the following courses, or have equivalent experience:
- NSE 6 FortiWeb
- NSE 7 Advanced Threat Protection
- 8 Hours Training Course
- 5 Modules
- 24/7 Support
- Networking and security professionals involved in the architectural design, implementation, and monitoring of solutions to address web application security based on FortiGate and FortiWeb devices should attend this course. This course assumes advanced knowledge of networking and web application security concepts, and extensive hands-on experience working with FortiWeb and FortiGate devices.